Here are a few things I’ve learned from my kids thus far. My girls are only 8 & 3, so I know I have a lot more learning to do and milestones to reach….Even so, these lessons have been astounding and life altering.
- I wasn’t as “ready” for kids as I thought I was (no one is)
- Patience is NOT my greatest virtue
- The sweetest sound to my ears is “I love you Mommy”
- Picking the girls up after work and putting them to bed are two of my favorite times
- Going to the main church service with kids is important but “feels” pointless while you’re there….keep going.
- I learn how I want to be treated when I think about how I want them to be treated
- Every child is different
- There is no “perfect’ way to feed, sleep train, or discipline your child, although they are all necessary
- A kid’s memory is surprisingly accurate
- Daycare is expensive!
- Kids will listen to, watch, and read a favorite song, movie, or book over and over and over and over and over and…
- Parenting will drive you to your knees, and that’s a good thing.
- You can’t control everything.
- Parenting should keep us very humble.
- I wouldn’t trade it for the world
My girls are lovers, fighters, givers, takers, whiners, gamers, laughers, criers, cuddlers, and the best part is that they are mine! (So that all makes sense). Let the love and lessons continue….